COME HEAR THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD
...AND LEARN HOW TO RETELL IT!
Ever wonder HOW TO simply and attractively share the AMAZING, TRUE STORY of Jesus?!
It's ridiculously easy...
- Pitch a "tent" (or some set up that makes people wonder what's going on!)
- Tell a story (right out of the Bible!)
- Teach others how to RE-tell the story (the fun, creative part that makes it stick!)
- Encourage them to share the story with others (psst! discipleship...)
- Follow up with them to cultivate deeper relationships...and to KEEP encouraging them! (even more discipleship!)
Some items on our Wish List to get started right here in Atlanta...
- Easy-to-set-up Market Tent (10x10 or 12x12)
- Printed Banner to share who we are and what we're doing.
- Speaker/Karaoke Machine like THIS so we can be heard...and let others practice re-telling stories. Oh, and play fun music with our stories!
- Holy Moly Videos Check 'em out below! Unique videos that cross language barriers in a fun way.
- Projector/DVD Player to show the videos (we will improvise a screen!)
- XXL Beach Blanket for listeners to sit on.
BUT...all we really need is the Bible we already have & willing hearts to share the story of Jesus!
Plans for the Future:
We are praying for God to use us to create a Ripple Effect.
Tent Time is SUCH a simple concept.
We believe God can use us to encourage and empower others to reach out and introduce others to Jesus in this way.
- LOCALLY: Use the Tent Time storytelling method in communities around us on a regular basis. Connect with churches and individuals who are interested in doing the same. Establish regular locations/schedules to encourage discipleship and spiritual growth.
- NATIONALLY: Travel around the country to model Tent Time to others - especially those who work in refugee communities. Host groups from across the country who travel to Atlanta to walk through a Tent Time outreach experience. Guide them as they utilize their own God-given creativity to create a Tent Time model from the ground up that they can take home to reach people where they live.
- GLOBALLY: Travel around the world to share the Tent Time model with Christians who are closer to Unreached People Groups. Partner US based ministries and churches using the Tent Time method with groups around the world who are doing the same so they can support each other relationally through prayer, encouragement and resources. Facilitate trips to enable these partners in the Great Commission to eventually meet each other in person!
Does it WORK?! Well, we tried it for 5 weeks. Not only did the LITTLE kids love it, but the teens and the adults came back for more. When you hear a small child re-tell a Bible story with excitement that comes straight from scripture, you KNOW we can all share the simple, true story of Jesus!
Some pictures to inspire you below. BUT, remember - you don't need ANYTHING that even remotely resembles a Tent!
You just need a Bible and a willing heart!